Nowadays, it’s more convenient to tour a prospective home from the safety and comfort of your own house. If you’ve never done this before, don’t worry; I’m here to help guide you through the process. Before you go on a virtual tour to look at homes for sale in Pasadena, California, make sure to look closely at the photos of the homes you’re interested in. Eliminate all the listings that don’t interest you.
Once you’re ready to go on a virtual tour, don’t forget to ask these 6 key questions:
Before you start the tour:
1. Can I see the floor plan of the home so that I can refer to it during the virtual tour? Having the floor plan on hand will help you get a good idea of the size and layout of the rooms while it’s shown it to you in real-time.
During your home tour:
2. Are there any features or surfaces with damage or wear and tear? You might not be able to see this on a video tour, so make sure to ask to examine parts of the house closely so that what you see is what you get. Your agent should be able to check out the features and surfaces and report on their condition.
3. How would you describe the noise levels inside and outside the home? If the home you’re interested in is near a busy public area or main road, you’ll want to consider the surrounding noise levels. Ask your agent to rate the din you may have to live with if you decide to buy the property.
4. Are there any unusual odors inside or outside the home? You definitely don’t want to own a home with a funky sewer smell outside, or the lingering smell of cigarette smoke indoors.
After the home tour:
5. Is there a big difference between the listing photos and seeing the home in person? Sometimes sellers might highlight an aspect of the home in photos that may look completely different when you see it in person. Ask your agent to train their camera on key home features so you can compare them against their photos. Voice your questions or concerns to your agent, and get their opinion on areas you may have qualms about.
6. Can you walk around the neighborhood? Of course, you’ll want to take a look around and get a feel of the neighborhood. Have your agent show you the nearby houses and streets to help you make a more well-informed decision when you buy your new home.
Virtual tours can save you time and money. You can get an in-depth look at the property you’re interested in without having to leave your house.
If you’re looking to take a virtual tour of Pasadena, La Crescenta, and La Cañada homes for sale, get in touch with me, Kathy Seuylemezian, at 818.949.5205 or Kathy(at)imuragent(dotted)com. You can also send me a message here. As a top-ranking professional who has served buyers and sellers for the past 16 years, I’d be more than happy to help you achieve your real estate goals.