The start of a new year is always a great time to take stock of anything in your life that deserves a much-needed update. One of the typical undertakings people embark on during the first few months of the new year is to either give their homes a refresh or total overhaul.
It’s not too late for you to get started on your home design project. Here are a few interior design trends in 2022 that are set to make a splash according to experts. See which ones you can incorporate in your home.
- Bringing the outdoors inside. Living through a pandemic has made it more important to liven up your home and make it feel like an invigorating getaway. For 2022, bringing the outdoors in continues to be a popular trend.
You can go about this several ways. Try experimenting with color— natural hues, from soft earthy browns to shades of green and blue, are always a good idea. Pair these colors with interesting patterns and textures to give your house some character. And of course, you can always add indoor plants around your home.
- Using vintage and repurposed items. Keeping in line with the push to return to nature, one trend is the use of vintage furniture and décor. But if you’re keen on purchasing new ones, consider sustainably and locally made goods.
Repurposing or reclaiming items helps reduce your footprint while honoring the history of those items. It’s just one step toward living mindfully while adding character to your space.
- Adding multifunctional spaces. Rooms have been playing double duty nowadays, with living rooms and even dining rooms serving as home offices and whatnot. This is not bound to change anytime soon. If you find yourself in the same situation, consider investing in multi-purpose or flexible furniture. That way, you can make the most out of any space in your home.
- Creating quiet spaces. Following the advent of multipurpose areas, people are realizing the importance of spaces where they can simply unplug and relax. With the constant melding of home life and work these days, it’s important to create a little nook for yourself where you can enjoy your hobbies or simply pause for a breath.
It doesn’t take much to create a quiet space. Find a corner in your home that you can turn into a cozy oasis. You can also add window seats or add a meditation area in your yard or garden.
- Blending different styles. It’s not a bad thing if you want to mix styles from different eras. Minimalism has been in vogue for so long that people are now training their sights on adding some maximalist touches. In response to this shift, the grand millennial style is set to become even more popular this year.
Looking for more ideas on how you can revamp your home this year? Check out my blog. You can also get in touch with me at 818.949.5025 / [email protected](at)imuragent(dotted)com to get an insight on upgrades that can boost your home’s value.